The COMMON Americas Advisory Council (CAAC) is a small, diverse group of individuals that represent IBM customers of varying sizes and industries. It was created to act as the liaison between IBM and COMMON in order to gauge the community reaction to strategic IBM decisions and future direction. CAAC members are encouraged to pool their expertise and know-how to gather requirements from the user community and pass them along to IBM. (If you have a requirement to submit, do so here.)
The maximum number of individuals on the CAAC is sixteen.
- Up to four people on the CAAC can be business partners, ISVs or consultants
- Their role is to represent their clients, not their business
- One person on the CAAC will represent the IT education community
- Remaining CAAC members represent their own company
- The individual’s company uses IBM i as its primary computing platform
- This group should have a balance of business, management, hardware and software skills
- A maximum of two members of the CAAC may also be on the COMMON Board of Directors
CAAC members serve a two-year term, which is renewable based upon active participation. All members are required to sign a confidential non-disclosure agreement and are expected to attend two face-to-face meetings per year and two conference calls per month.
When recruiting new members, the CAAC looks for individuals with the following characteristics:
- General IT knowledge
- General business knowledge
- Leadership qualities
- Vision for the future in IT terms
- Vision for the future in business terms
- Presentation qualities
- Availability to be away from office/home for two days twice a year
When the CAAC is in need of new members, it is COMMON’s discretion to interview candidates for a final choice or to judge them on the basis of their application. The list of selected candidates and their applications will be submitted to IBM for final approval.
The CAAC currently has an opening for an individual representing a company that uses IBM i as its primary computing platform. If you have interest, please fill out and submit an application.