COMMON Education Foundation (CEF)
The COMMON Education Foundation is a proud recipient of a Maxava grant.
- Foster development and growth of IT professionals who will manage and support the computing systems of the future.
- Underwrite educational projects and programs that increase cutting-edge technology skills and provide a clearer understanding of future IT challenges.
- Provide training to those preparing to enter the information technology field and to educators who provide the learning experience.
Goals and Objectives
- Encourage the utilization of funds for education, research and scholarship.
- Provide educational services and programs supporting the midrange user community.
- Foster the development/improvement of curricula in IT and IT management.
- Foster the standards of competence and promote excellence in IT midrange education.
- Expand the visions and goals of COMMON.
Sponsor a Student to Attend the Upcoming COMMON Fall Conference in Fort Lauderdale
The COMMON Education Foundation and students around the nation are asking for your support through sponsorship of students to attend the upcoming COMMON Fall Conference & Expo in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. You’ll agree that engaging the next generation of IT professionals and showing them how Power Systems can run the businesses of tomorrow is essential for the long-term growth of this community. This is a great opportunity to promote your business to the attendees and let them know you value education and your commitment to the next generation of IT professionals.
The objective of the COMMON Education Foundation, in conjunction with IBM Academic Initiative for Power Systems, is to expand and enhance midrange education in colleges and universities. The Foundation also works with COMMON members, local user groups, sister user groups, Power Systems customers and Business Partners to get more educational institutions involved with the platform. If you, your company or your local user group are interested in helping to make Power Systems and/or midrange education available in your community, please contact email@example.com, Executive Director Michelle August or Assistant Director Laura Ubelhor.
Ways to help support the COMMON Education Foundation:
- Monetary Contributions
- United Way Contribution directed to the Foundation
- Donation requested in memory of a loved one
- Specify contribution to the Foundation as part of your will
- Donate items for the Silent Auctions held at conferences
- Volunteer to help staff the Foundation booth at conferences
For additional information, please contact the COMMON Education Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can mail your donation, payable to COMMON Education Foundation, to COMMON, ATTN: Education Foundation, 8770 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 1350, Chicago, IL 60631.