2018 Innovation Award Winner
2018 Innovation Award winner Al Lusher, Dayton Freight, with Stefanie Chiras of IBM and Justin Porter of COMMON.
Chosen as the standout from nine other contenders, Dayton Freight Lines in Dayton, Ohio clearly demonstrated innovation and success in modernization. For nearly 40 years, Dayton Freight Lines has been dedicated to shipping and tracking “LTL” or less than truck load shipments throughout the country. They’ve been using IBM throughout the duration of their operation so naturally they wanted to incorporate a modernization solution that would transform their current applications to enhance business functionality, while upgrading outdated technology with the latest developments to streamline their processes and eliminate redundancies.
2019 Innovation Award
Presented by COMMON and IBM
The Innovation Award recognizes outstanding innovation in the application of advanced business computing technology to improve efficiency, enhance customer service, or promote business excellence.
Award winners exhibit excellence in utilizing new technologies to create significant business value by delivering new solutions faster, improving the quality and capability of existing solutions, or improving the economics around solution implementation. New technologies that will be considered for the award cover a wide variety of areas, including but not limited to:
- Application Modernization, including Mobile Solutions
- Business Process Innovation
- Education and Community Support
- Open Source
- Virtualization and Systems Management
The winner will be notified in early April 2019 and announced at POWERUp19 in Anaheim.
The benefits of being the Innovation Award winner are significant. Prizes include:
- Engraved Tiffany crystal award
- Complimentary one-year membership to COMMON
- One complimentary registration to POWERUp19
- One complimentary registration to the COMMON IT Executive Conference
- Feature articles in COMMON.CONNECT and IBM publications
Who is eligible for the Award?
Any individual or company in the COMMON community is eligible. Business partners are not eligible for the award but can nominate a client with its permission.
A judging committee will be assigned that includes COMMON Board Members and IBM representatives. The judges will rank and score each nomination on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of business innovation
- Support of outstanding achievement
- Highlighted business value to the company and its end users
- Considered a best practice in the industry
- Stands out from the other nominations
If you have questions about the 2019 COMMON Innovation Award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The submission period is open until March 15, 2019.