Volunteers are the heart and soul of COMMON, supplying new ideas and helping the staff keep conferences running smoothly. From the Board members who provide big-picture guidance, to the speakers who make COMMON conferences such quality educational events, to the technical teams that set up labs on-site and lend a hand with upgrades to COMMON’s own IBM i server, COMMON is a volunteer organization built by dedicated end-users.
COMMON would like to thank all members who have ever donated their time, energy and ideas to the organization, and would also like to encourage others to volunteer. Volunteering with COMMON gives you a unique opportunity to expand your personal and professional skills, and make invaluable industry connections.
- Judicial Affairs (JAC)
- Volunteer Recruitment
Advisory Councils/Working Groups:
- COMMON Americas Advisory Council (CAAC)
- Volunteer Recognition
- Student Initiatives
- Strategic Education Team (SET) / Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- IT Executive Conference (ITEC)
- Tactical Liaison to Curriculum (TLC)
- Leadership Summit
- Young i Professionals (YiPs)
- Large User Group
- Local User Group
- Academic Initiative
- Social Activities
Want to give back to the COMMON community while at the Annual Meeting? Volunteer to be a Session Assistant. In this role, you will
- Introduce the speaker to the audience, if that is agreeable to you and the speaker
- Act as a liaison to the TLCs in the blue vests or others if a problem develops
- Remind attendees about the importance of filling out session evaluations
- Assist with taking attendance and collecting the attendance sheet at the end of the session
Sign up at the COMMON Registration Counter on the First Floor.
Have an observation about the Annual Meeting or an experience you want to share that won’t fit within Twitter’s 140 character limit? COMMON wants you to submit short articles for the COMMON Conference Daily. Jot down a paragraph or two and email your article to the CCD Editor each day of the Annual Meeting and sign up to be a published reporter for CCD! We’ll tag you with a CCD Reporter ribbon and you can join the merry band of volunteers who run this conference. Send your observations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating you would like to be published. Articles received before 12:00 p.m. CDT may make it into the next day’s paper.