As POWERUp draws closer, COMMON has been monitoring the current climate with COVID and how it may impact our in-person conference in Virginia Beach. With COVID delta variant numbers surging in recent weeks, and keeping the safety of all participants (attendees, speakers, exhibiting partners, volunteers and staff members) as our top priority, the COMMON board had to make the extraordinarily difficult decision to cancel the in-person event and make it an all-virtual event. It’s disappointing for all of us, but the pandemic environment has forced us to make this decision.
Though we will not be meeting in-person in Virginia Beach, we are still committed to providing you with the best educational experience this year – just virtually. Here are some great things you will see at the virtual event:
- The full session list of 300 IBM i sessions will now be available to all virtual attendees.
- Multiple ways will be available to engage peers, speakers, and solution providers online via chatrooms, session threads, and networking events.
- Exhibitors will be available to chat and answer questions during the virtual expo.
- Passport to Prizes and the Golden Ticket for a chance to win exciting prizes at conference.
- Availability of all content for 30 days after the conference so you can continue to take advantage of all the great education.
Our ability to offer you and the rest of this wonderful community a POWERUp-caliber event has not changed and our ability to do so virtually has only grown stronger these last 18 months. While we are disappointed about not being able to get together in-person, we continue to serve this membership and community with the education, knowledge, and engagement opportunities that will help you and your businesses continue to grow and flourish.
You will be receiving additional correspondence from us at COMMON if you have already registered for POWERUp. If you haven't, I hope to see you online along with many of our COMMON friends, IBM i peers, and industry experts.