POWERUp 2022 COVID-19 Guidelines
(As of March 21, 2022. Will be updated on an ongoing basis - please check back often.)
HEALTH & SAFETY
Important Notice About Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our POWERUp attendees remains our top priority as we begin to meet again in-person in New Orleans. We are holding POWERUp 2022 in accordance with current, applicable national and local guidance, as well as working with the venue to ensure the highest standards of safety, hygiene, and cleanliness for all participants.
The guidance is changing on a regular basis, so please refer back to this page to stay up to date. In summary, the current guidance as of March 21, 2022 is the following:
Individuals are not required to wear a mask or face covering with the exception of the following:
- On public transportation, including airplanes, ships, ferries, trains, buses, taxis, ride-shares, and the corresponding transportation hubs, as specified in Federal guidelines.
- Healthcare facilities and long-term care settings, as specified in Federal guidelines.
Residents and visitors will no longer be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test to enter bars, restaurants, event spaces, and other businesses previously covered under regulations.
- The City encourages all residents and visitors to get vaccinated if they have not already done so, including booster shots.
The New Orleans Health Department provides the following general recommendations to all individuals, institutions, and businesses to best mitigate the further spread of COVID-19 in New Orleans.
- All residents and visitors to the City of New Orleans should take personal responsibility to prevent the further spread of COVID-19, by assessing the individual risk of attending large and/or crowded gatherings, considering face coverings in public, and staying up to date on vaccinations.
- Individuals who are considered high risk for complications due to COVID-19, such as the elderly and people with pre-existing health conditions should maintain an elevated level of protection through avoiding large and/or crowded gatherings, considering face coverings in public, and staying up to date on vaccinations.
Click here to view the latest New Orleans COVID-19 updates in its entirety.
Click here to view current CDC guidelines.
By registering for the event, you agree to comply with all safety protocols announced by POWERUp 2022 prior to or during the event.