Thank you for your interest in presenting for the COMMON 2019 Fall Conference & Expo on September 9-11 at the Hyatt Regency, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Below is important information regarding the Call for Presentations process. Review it thoroughly before submitting your session proposal(s). Also, please review the Speaker’s Resources page.
The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2018.
Learn more about the new Speaker Mentorship Program. Click here.
Fall Conference & Expo
Fall Conference & Expo is a two-day educational and networking event packed with sessions and workshops on a variety of topics, in addition to an exposition, and numerous networking opportunities.
The education team is looking for sessions in every course of study. Subject Matter Experts have defined topics that speakers are invited to submit sessions on in each course of study. All areas are looking for new topical sessions so please take some time to look through the list to see if something would spark a new idea for a session.
In addition to standard sessions, we are looking for workshops that provide a total value solution to an attendee. In a 2.5-hour workshop, foundational elements, essential knowledge, best practices, and how-to knowledge/case studies should be presented to demonstrate the essentials on a topic.
Workshops should include:
- Brief lectures, each followed by a timed problem-solving segment to apply the skills learned
- At the end of the segment, the instructor will solicit volunteers to discuss how they solved the problem, and if appropriate, review the optimal solution
- Written instructions for the problem-solving segment, limited to an explanation of the problem to be solved, basic setup information such as how to sign on and what resources to use, and, optionally, a few hints
- Step-by-step instructions and screen shots should not be provided
- An opportunity for students to work in teams, providing there are sufficient resources available
Note: Strive for a 50/50 split of workshop time between lecture and hands-on problem solving. In no case should either component consume more than 70% of the workshop.
We look forward to your creative ideas.
Submit a Session
Take these steps to submit a session for consideration:
- Sign in to your Cosmo account
- Hover on Call for Presentations in the top menu
- Select Submit a New Session
- Select 2019 Fall Conference & Expo
After submitting a session, it can be viewed and edited until May 31 by visiting My Sessions.
Note: Returning speakers are able to submit a previously submitted session. In Cosmo, go to My Sessions and click Select next to the session in the list to edit its status.