Associate IBM i 7.1 Administration is an entry-level certification that demonstrates your knowledge and skills to employers using this operating system.
Online Exam: 41 questions, 60-minute time limit
Price: $125/Student, $250/Member, $300/Non-Member
Testing is administered by PSI. Visit its website to find the location nearest you. The IBM i 7.1 exam also is administered at many COMMON events.
The qualified candidate will have developed basic to intermediate level skills needed for day-to-day operations of System i.
IBM i 7.1 Exam Topics
Note: the candidate should have the ability to perform all of the below functions using a 5250 emulation session as well as System i Navigator and Systems Director Navigator for IBM i
- Use online help and references
- Send, display, and reply to messages
- Monitor and control jobs, devices, and job and output queues
- Start and stop the system
- Create and change user profiles
- Use authorization lists and group profiles
- Manage system configuration
- Save and restore objects, libraries, and the system
- Monitor job and history logs
- Diagnose a system problem
- Order, receive, and apply PTFs