2016 Innovation Award winner Kody Robinson, Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation
2017 COMMON / IBM Power Systems Innovation Award
The Innovation Award recognizes outstanding innovation in the application of advanced business computing technology to improve efficiency, enhance customer service, or promote business excellence.
Award winners exhibit excellence in utilizing new technologies to create significant business value by delivering new solutions faster, improving the quality and capability of existing solutions, or improving the economics around solution implementation. New technologies that will be considered for the award cover a wide variety of areas, including but not limited to:
- Open Source
- Application Modernization, including Mobile Solutions
- Virtualization and Systems Management
- Education and Community Support
- Business Process Innovation
The winner will be notified in late March and announced at the COMMON 2017 Annual Meeting and Exposition in Orlando.
The benefits of being the Innovation Award winner are significant. Prizes include:
- Engraved Tiffany crystal award
- Complimentary one-year membership to COMMON
- One complimentary registration to COMMON’s 2017 Annual Meeting and Exposition
- One complimentary registration to the COMMON IT Executive Conference
- Feature articles in COMMON.CONNECT and IBM publications
What Is Innovation?
Innovation is a unique combination of people, passion, and technology that helps power your business. Power Systems innovation includes servers that feature the industry’s leading processors, with solutions based on IBM i, Linux and AIX operating environments – integrated to help you simplify your IT, reduce your costs and fuel innovation in your business.
What is the COMMON/IBM Power Systems Innovation Award?
Several years ago, COMMON and IBM introduced the Innovation Award to recognize, showcase, and share clients’ best practices for Power Systems solutions.
Who is eligible for the Award?
IBM clients who use Power Systems servers (including IBM i, AIX and Linux) are eligible. IBM Business Partners are not eligible for the award but can nominate a client with its permission.
A judging committee will be assigned that includes COMMON Board Members and IBM representatives. The judges will rank and score each nomination on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of business innovation
- Support of outstanding achievement
- Highlighted business value to the company and its end users
- Considered a best practice in the industry
- Stands out from the other nominations
If you have questions about the 2017 COMMON / IBM Power Systems Innovation Award, please email email@example.com.