Associate AIX 7 Administration is an entry-level certification that demonstrates your knowledge and skills to employers using this operating system.
Online Exam: 39 questions, 60-minute time limit
Price: $125/Student, $250/Member, $300/Non-Member
Testing is administered by PSI. Visit its website to find the location nearest you. The AIX 7 exam also is administered at many COMMON events.
This certification is meant for anyone with system administrative duties implementing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) partitioned environment. The candidate should be able to install, customize and administer the AIX operating system in a POWER (System p) partitioned environment.
AIX 7 Exam Topics
Note: the exam is based on AIX 7.1 running on a Power7 system managed by HMC Version 7
- Install and the AIX operating system, filesets, and RedHat Package
- Manager (RPM) packages
- Perform system startup and shutdown
- Discuss and use system management tools such as System
- Management Interface Tool (SMIT) and IBM systems director console for AIX
- Manage physical and logical devices
- Discuss the purpose of the logical volume manager
- Perform logical volume, paging space and file system management
- Create and manage user administration
- Manage AIX user security including enhanced RBAC and implement customized access of file and directories
- Perform and restore system backups
- Utilize administrative subsystems, including cron to schedule system tasks
- Configure TCP/IP networking
- Define and run basic Workload Partitions (WPAR)